Are you bored with traditional food? Then you are in the right place. To change your taste & makes your day memorable we are going to share 4 amazing camping Dutch oven recipes. It adds more joy & fun to your camping day.
If you want to make a quality camping then a Dutch oven is a must. This versatile cookware can deliver mouthwatering dishes with little effort. Using a Dutch oven basic fireworks become fun. But if you can be a little strategic you can cook like a pro. Dive on to the article to explore some secret recipes that can easily apply to Dutch ovens.
Nachos is a very popular & tasty dish for your camping dinner. After a whole day of fun, nachos can remove your tiredness. You can take it with a cold beer & a warm campfire. That makes your camping more outstanding.
To make cheesy nachos you don’t need any particular ingredients.
You can try the below ingredients.
- Cheese, chips
- Tomatoes, black beans, chiles, onions, or undercooked meat.
- When you use undercooked meat first process it properly. You need a cast-iron Dutch oven with a tight lid to make the perfect nachos. You can place coals on top & bottom to cook the meal.
- Otherwise, place the oven on a camp stove or fire. The taste of your nachos depends on the layer.
- The number of layers you will add to the taste will proportionally increase. Put one layer with the chips & another layer is cheese & toppings.
- Repeat this step based on your Dutch oven size. On the final layer make sure to make the topper double to increase the taste.
- You can customize the toppings based on your choices. It is perfect to remove the appetite for large groups.
Also read: Frigidaire FGIH3047VF Review
2. Banana Bread
To make refreshing camping morning banana bread is a must-try recipe. You can take it with a cup of coffee to begin an outstanding trip. On your next trip don’t forget to try a freshly baked banana in the Dutch oven.
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Put all the dry ingredients in a jar to easily carry it on the trip.
- To make soft, light & super fluffy banana bread keep your heat 350°F in a Dutch oven. First, take a bowl to mix the ingredients perfectly.
- Then place a baking paper on the Dutch oven & put the mixture. Cover the mixture with the lid.
- You need nearly 15 coals on the top lid & 5-6 coals on the bottom.
- To lock the moisture inside you should seal the oven minimum of 30 minutes. After baking your banana bread, wait 10 minutes to make it cool. The delicious taste & beautiful smell must make your morning special.
3. Chicken Marbella
To make your camping meal exclusive try this chicken Marbella. The best part of this recipe it can make without a lot of effort. You can enjoy your camping & also mouthwatering dishes. It does not require a lot of time. So, it won’t spoil the fun of your camping. Even you can arrange the 90% preparation of this gourmet at home.
Chill with a drink in front of your campfire instead of putting effort to make a complex recipe.
- 1 cup chopped prunes
- 1 cup olives
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic chopped,
- 2 tablespoons dry oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken with Skin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- Now mix all the ingredients without oil & brown sugar to marinate the chicken in your refrigerator. It will be wise to keep the marinate chicken for at least 6 -24 hours in your refrigerator to derive the best result.
- Now it’s to arrange your campfire. Arrange 27 coals. After arranging the coals bang them into a flat pile. Coals are essential to ensure consistent heat. After that, put your Dutch oven on top of the coals. It’s the secret strategy to make high heat on camping.
- Now put 1-tablespoon oil in the Dutch oven. Heat it to become hot. Now, take out your marinade chicken into the oven & mix 1 teaspoon brown sugar over the chicken skin. Then heat the chicken for about 6-10 minutes to make the skin golden brown. You need to put heat until the skin becomes crispy.
- After that take away your Dutch oven from heat. Mix prunes, olive & capers with the chicken & cover it. Take your 18 coals & distribute them on the lid. Also, place it on 8-10 coals. Then bake it for 30-35 minutes to make it more juicer.
- Now serve it with sauces to make it more delicious. Take some rice with this Marbella chicken. That makes an amazing lunch or dinner.
Also read: Nuwave Bravo XL 20801 Review
4. Steamed Clams
If you want to try a classy dish in campfire steamed clams are a must-try. When you are coming near the coast these dishes are the most popular & convenient choice.
- sliced garlic
- Red pepper
- White wine
- Now take your Dutch oven with a tight fighting lid. Then mix all the ingredients with the clams.
- Then place it in the oven. After revealing the shells, you can take out the lid. It takes only 15 minutes to make this delicious recipe.
- You can serve it with soft bread to make breakfast. This recipe can be done with some basic ingredients.
A Dutch oven is a magical appliance to make versatile dishes. Cooking becomes fun when you choose a Dutch oven. To make your camping exciting Dutch oven is a must.
You can make lots of exclusive recipes with a Dutch oven. Here I cover the best 4 amazing camping Dutch oven recipes to make your trip special. It’s an effort to tell you some easy but mouthwatering dishes that can enhance your camping fun.