These Italian paleo meatballs are so damn good and by making the recipe you can fool (I mean “Surprise”) your grandmother because this wonderful recipe is made with Shredded zucchini that helps the meatballs to be super tender and ups your everyday veggie intake (and your kids will never know about the secret). The creamy tomato sauce is kind of like changing and super simple as well.
And the best part is that these meatballs are actually so easy to make. If you grind the meat on your own with a meat grinder (which I recommend too) – then you will get fresh, quality, and healthier ground meat than packaged. By doing so – you will be saving lots of time, effort, and money too.
Variations You Can Go For:
- If you prefer an even creamier tomato sauce – then increase the amount of coconut cream.
- In this recipe – try using beef or chicken instead of ground pork. If you use ground chicken or pork in this paleo meatballs recipe – then you will get more tender in your meatballs (in my opinion though). However, if you use ground beef while making the meatballs – you will get good results too.
- Chopped chard leaves are great alternative to shopped spinach. You can also go for kale too.
Eest-Ever Paleo Meatballs That Will Fool Your Italian Grandmother
- 1 lb ground beef or pork
- 2 cups of zucchini, shredded
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb chicken or more ground pork or beef
- Avocadooil or coconut oil, refined
- 2 cups offresh spinach, chopped
- 1 ½ tspItalian seasoning
Ingredientsfor The Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 2 14-ouncecans tomatoes, crushed
- 2 tspItalian seasoning
- 2 tsp avocadoor refined coconut oil
- 1 cup ofcoconut cream
- 4 clovesof garlic
- Freshchopped parsley for garnish
- 1 – 1 ½tsp salt
- Ina large mixing bowl – add all the meatball ingredients and mix until combinedusing your hand. Make sure you don’t overmix the mixture.
- Makemeatballs using your bare hands. And repeat the process with the rest of themixture.
- Heat a large skillet on over medium heat and heat a layer of avocado oil or refinedcoconut oil. Fry meatballs until you see pink at the center and browned on allsides and cooked through. Try to make them in batches. More them to a plate.
- Ifyou see excess oil remaining in the skillet – them remove the excess oil. Now,on over medium heat – use 2 tsp refined coconut oil or avocado oil to the skillet.
- Nowadd garlic to the skillet and stir constantly for around 30 seconds. Add therest of the sauce ingredients and stir until combined well. Once you see itboiling – slightly reduce the heat and cook for 5 – 10 minutes or untilthickened.
- Nowtransfer the meatballs to the skillet and cook for around 3 – 5 minutes so thatthe meatballs can absorb sauce.
- Servethe paleo meatballs over zoodles or along with that – top with chopped parsleyas well.
I hope you like the best ever paleo meatballs recipe and now you have a good idea of how you can also make the best ever meatballs that can easily surprise your grandmother. I am pretty sure that your family and kids are going to fall in love with the magic of your hand once you serve them the paleo meatballs.
Please share if you have made this recipe and how it was. Also, if you find any difficulties, have problems, or even have an opinion – then please share. I would love to help you and hear from wonderful people like you!
Leave a Reply