Today, we are presenting the Best Cast Iron Grill Pans!
Nowadays, grilling is fun and joyous and it can be done anytime, at any place, and where ever you feel comfortable, which is the best part of it.
Grilling doesn’t require any season to enjoy your desired food. In fact, grilling has spread so wide even these days, there are various types of grilling methods also introduced.
But back in the days, you would require a grill pit in the backyard if you wanted to make your grill. But today, this becomes so easy that you can make your grill on your regular stove. It has become easier and contains the same taste you desired.
Grilling is a great way to gather your beloved friends for a party which is also fun. You might want to grill for your party but you just don’t have a grilling machine.
But after some time, you find that you can make the grill easily using grill pans in your regular kitchen. And all of a sudden, you remember that you don’t have the grill pan. And that’s the reason you arrive here today.
We have searched and reviewed some of the best grill pans for you that you can easily find near the market. The whole article will describe everything you need to know, important tips on how to use these quality cast iron grill pans, and a lot more things.
We Picked Top Best Cast Iron Grill Pans for you to choose from. Have a look. Lodge Pre-Seasoned, Le Creuset Enameled & All-Clad pan E7954064
7 Best Cast Iron Grill Pans Reviews
If you are in a hurry, actually here in this section, we are just going to list all the top 7 cast iron grill pans to save your time and we are going to talk about in detail!
Out top pick
We liked Le Creuset10-1/4-inch Square Grill Pan the most! Though it is quite similar to another Le Creuset model we reviewed, LS2021-2678 and LS2021-2667 later on, Le Creuset10-1/4-inch cast iron grill pan works much more consistently while cooking your food.
But, is Le Creuset10-1/4-inch Square Grill Pan the best cast iron grill pan for you? Let’s find out about our grill pans reviews!
1. Le Creuset Square Grill Pan Review – Cast-Iron 10-1/4-Inch
The first cast iron grill pan review on our top list is a more or less simple model which is quite interesting as well. This 10.25-inch square skillet grill pan is made of enameled cast iron. It has dual spouts for drip-free pouring and raised ribs to impart grill marks.
For secure transport, it has an integral iron handle and an opposite support handle as well. This model can also be washed by hand which is recommended.
This cast iron grill pan gives all the delicious flavor on an outdoor grill like chicken shrimp and steak. This model allows excess fat and grease to drain as it has high ridges, as well as the spouts on two sides, permit drip-free pours.
The beautiful model from one of the best cast iron griddle pans is great-looking and incredibly useful. This square grill pan features high ridges to drain the extra fat and there are two spouts that allow you drip-free pouring. The noteworthy feature of the best nonstick grill pans is, it doesn’t require seasoning due to its durable enamel finish. This model is long-lasting and resists chipping because its exterior will last you years. The Satin black enamel surface is so good for dry cooking. You can preheat the Le Creuset square skillet grill pan safely to a hot surface temperature for searing and caramelizing.
- Ribbed cooking surface helps to drain away the excess fat.
- The cast iron has a durable black enamel finish. (no seasoning required)
- Superior heat retention and even heat distribution.
- This model has long-lasting exterior enamel which helps to resists cracking and chipping
- It has a strong iron handle which provides a steady grip while using it and transferring as well.
- Compared to other premium cast iron, the Le Creuset square Skillet Grill pan has the lightest weight.
- This product is induction compatible.
- Is this product good for glass top stoves or gas stove?
This grill pan will work fine on both of them but you should be careful to lift it up and down and not slide it in the stove at all. Might scratch it as you are using it on the glass stove.
2. Lodge LPGI3PLT Pro-Grid – Ultimate Griddle Pans
The next model on our list of the best cast iron grill pans reviews is Lodge LPGI3PLT Pro-Grid ultimate Cast Iron Pans. The Lodge has over 120 years of experience and they are one of the ultimate griddle pans manufacturers.
The Lodge cast iron is popular for its cooking versatility, high-quality design, and lifetime durability.
This model provides excellent heat distribution and retention. Lodge LPGI3PLT also fits over the two stovetop burners. As it contains two grip handles that allow for easy flipping, lifting and this can easily be hung when you are not using it. You can easily cook grilled chicken or steak, eggs, and pancakes by using this one.
And the best part is the more you use it the better seasoning you will get. As we know, always a good seasoning makes all the difference. The lodge seasons its cookware with no chemicals or synthetic and with 100% vegetable oil, which is also a good fact for health.
The reversible griddle, for a generous grease gutter, features a slight slope. This Lodge cast iron griddle measures 20 inches x 10 inches where you get 19.25 inches x 8.5 inches actual cooking surface which is good enough to straddle for a campfire or for two burners on your regular stovetop. And that’s why this is one of the ultimate grill pans for glass cooktops, which we reviewed in our top list.
It has the reversible feature where you can use the ridged griddle side for sausages, steaks, and hamburgers and you can use the smooth side for cooking grilled cheese sandwiches, eggs, and flapjacks. This Lodge model provides you the two loop-style handles which give safe transport and a slight loop cut fat into a generous grease gutter. The lodge cast iron retains heat well so that you can sear tasty meat at a higher temperature and for a long time, this will also keep your delicious meal warm. The grill distributes heat evenly from the bottom through the sidewalls as they are made of cast iron.
The Lodge cast iron products can be used right out of the box and it keeps getting better over time. Also, it’s easy to clean with hot water and a stiff nylon brush. But soap or detergent can’t be used for cleaning purposes. Hope you have got all your answers in this cast iron skillet lodge review.
This cast iron grill pan can be used in the oven, on the stove or campfire but you can’t use it on the electric glass stove. There is a difference between the cast iron frying pans and grill pans.
Also, check out Amazon Best Seller: Cast Iron Grill Pans!
- It has cooking versatility and lifetime durability
- Provides excellent heat distribution and retention
- Easily can be lifted with the convenient handle
- It’s a versatile 2-in-1 grill pan
- High-quality design
- Can be used in the oven, on stove or campfire
- It can’t be used on the electric glass stove.
- It’s heavy.
- It doesn’t work on an induction cooktop.
(Though it depends on your specific induction cooktop)
3. Le Creuset LS2021-2667 Enameled Cast Iron Grill Pan
This particular square skillet grill pan provides every delicious flavor of an outdoor grill, keeping full convenience of indoor cooking. Spouts on two sides permit for drip-free pour and high ridges permit extra fat and grease to drain. It has a loop handle for extra stability to make lifting the full pan easier.
To prevent damage and water, the square enameled cast iron grill’s interior is coated with protective satin black finish by Le Creuset. This slightly abrasive interior improves a natural patina over time which is great for frying and searing.
This Le Creuset LS2021-2667 Enameled Cast Iron Grill Pan can be used on all heat sources including gas, electric solid plate, vitro ceramic glass, induction, and ovens fired by oil, wood, or coal. When you are using it on any glass top stove, always lift the pan when you move it and never slide it. Because it may damage your stovetop or base of the pan. To maximize the efficiency, always match the pan’s base size to your stovetop heat zone as well as to prevent damaging to your handles and over-heating of your pan sides. And that’s the reason we have reviewed one of the ultimate cast iron grills pans in this list. Le Creuset is the ultimate cast iron skillet brand in the market as well.
The enameled cast iron is a noteworthy and robust material that performs great with the modern requirements for preparing to cook your food. There is a shape that is suitable whether you choose to cook a slow casserole, stir-fry, bake a cake or sear a steak. Enameled cast iron performs great for either high-temperature searing or slow cooking. And that’s why this is one of the best cast iron grill pans for steaks in our top list.
- Superior heat retention and even heat distribution.
- A strong iron handle gives a steady grip.
- It has a Large 11.75” width for a whole meal or a large side dish.
- Safe heat sources like an oven, electric, gas, induction and outdoor grills for cooking.
- Ribbed cooking surface helps to drain away excess fat.
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel that defends cracking and chipping.
- Dishwasher safe
While it says it works with induction, actually it does not. Because this product has enamel at the bottom of its grill pan. But some people don’t consent to this argument. They found it good enough. Otherwise, everything is great with this particular product. It’s easy to use and beautiful as well.
- Performs great even with a cheap electric rang.
- There is a feeling of high quality
- It will last longer than you think
- Marseilles blue is a beautiful bright color
- Easy to clean
- It’s pretty heavy than expected
4. All-Clad E7954064 HA1 Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cast Iron Grill Pan
The All-Clad E7954064 HA1 is 11-inches square grill cookware. This particular product has a lot to display along with function and fusing safety.
The best feature of this All-Clad E7954064 HA1 is it has extra durability. The product is made of hard-anodized aluminum. Because of that, it can withstand very high temperatures and never gets wrapped. This All-Clad E7954064 HA1is easy to use because the material used in it is lightweight.
Because of its square shape, it performs great for fish, steak, and vegetable grills. As it has a non-stick coat, the ridged bottom of the cast iron grill pan makes perfect results. The ridges move the oil away from confronting contact with your food that’s why you require less oil for your grilling.
And the best part is, this product has handles that never heat up and you can easily turn your grill food as it has tall rims that hold in splatters. It provides you with safe foods as its chemical-free (PFOA FREE). This cast iron grill pan is compatible with ovens, cookers, dishwashers, convenience, and flexibility are what this ultimate cast iron grill pan promises to its consumers. And this griddle pan is the ultimate cast iron skillet for steaks, as well.
If you are thinking to use this product on an induction hob, then there is a big “no” for you. Because the outside of the bottom even is not flat.
- Tall rims that remove hot splatters
- Square shape makes it perfect for better grill fit.
- Extra hardened for durability and superior performance.
- Has “Ever Cool” handles.
- It requires less oil.
- PFAO FREE
- All cooker compatible
- The ridges bottom sits rarely on most cooktops.
- It doesn’t make even heating.
- Limited lifetime warranty
5. Cuisinart CI30-23BG 9.25″ Square Griddle Pans
Fond of grilling up fresh vegetables and meat but don’t have the budget or space for an outdoor grill? A cast-iron grill pan, such as Cuisinart CI30-23BG, is the next best thing. This beautiful piece of cookware contains ridges at the bottom of the pan, this particular model is designed to replicate the delicious char that you’d get from the true grilling.
The cast iron grill pans are a more affordable alternative to a full-size grill, they come with their flaws. Some people find it frustrating to scrub down a cast iron grill pan after they use it. Many people are let down by the lack of smokey flavor. Let’s find out why this is one of our ultimate cast iron griddle pans.
You won’t be disappointed by the performance of the Cuisinart CI30-23BG the ultimate cast iron griddle pan but you have to learn how to use it first. You have to provide plenty of time to heat up the cast iron grill pan to get the best results. By using medium to medium-high heat, you will get better prominent char marks though the instructions recommend using the cast iron grill pan on medium-low heat.
The Cuisinart CI30-23BG Square Cast Iron Grill Pan is quite heavy like most cast iron pans. It weighs almost 5 pounds and you may find difficulties to handle it if you have problems with your wrists or hands. The pan has 1-inch high sides and a total of 9.25-inch squares. To drain off fats or liquid-there is a pour spout. It has a smooth bottom that doesn’t scratch up the glass cooktop. And the enamel coating provides the grill pan with a sleek appearance.
Because the product is square, the corners did hang over a bit on the glass cooktop. Otherwise, the Cuisinart CI30-23BG fits quite well on the cooktop’s 9-inch heating element. It has an enamel coating on the inside as well as the outside. You can use a spray like Pam in the pan.
- Strong and durable finish in rich color complement
- Induction stovetop compatible – oven, stovetop, glass cooktop, and broiler safe.
- Easy cleanup and convenient maintenance
- Can use a spray like Pam in the pan
- It is pretty heavy
- Hard to handle with one hand
6. Le Creuset of America LS2021-2678 Signature Square Skillet Grill
The cast iron 10.25” square grill pan gives all the tasty flavor of an outdoor grill with the full convenience of indoor grills. It has high ridges to drain away excess fat & grease and there are spouts on two sides for drip-free pours.
Setting Le Creuset of America LS2021-2678 cast iron grill pan apart is its loop handle for extra stability when lifting a full pan. To prevent from damage and wear, the enameled cast iron 10.25” signature square skillet interior is coated with protective satin black finish. After spending some time, this cast iron skillet interior develops a natural patina that is ideal for frying and searing.
The elongated cooking surface can make up vegetables, steak, fish, chicken or shrimp.
If you have any doubt about the product then let me tell you that Le Creuset is popular for its brilliant quality and style all over the world. You will get an unforgettable dining experience because of its excellent colors and user-friendly cookware. You will enjoy food and life to the fullest with Le Creuset. To make enjoy through cooking, inspiring and empowering people all over the world, Le Creuset is just made for that. And you can call it the best grill pan for glass cooktop! And that’s the reason we did Le Creuset square skillet grill review in our top list.
The outside of the cast iron grill pan is enamel coated but the cooking surface isn’t. The handles get very hot, use silicone cover for the handle. It’s pretty heavy with good qualities. And this will not scratch your glass top stove, use it without any hesitation.
- Superior heat retention and even heat distribution
- High ridges drain away excess fat
- Stovetop compatible – Induction, Electric: Smooth top, plate or coil, Gas.
- PFAO Free
- Dishwasher safe
- The handles get very hot
- It’s pretty heavy
- Limited warranty
7. Cast Iron 10.5 Inch Square Grill Pan with Glass Lid – Ultimate Griddle Pan For Pancakes
The cooking possibilities are unlimited with this multipurpose Cast Iron 10.5 Inch Square Grill Pan ribbed skillet. It’s easy to use for searing or grill anything indoors or outdoors for grilling on stovetops or induction as well.
There is a silicon handle grip included making it easier to hold your grill pan. This cast iron grill pan is made from premium quality cast iron that promises a lifetime quality cooking to its consumer.
It has a nonstick surface that makes cooking delicate foods effortless. You can use this cast iron 10.5-inch square grill pan on grills, induction cooktops, or stoves as well. This grill pan has a smooth finish which provides even heat distribution for quality cooking and frying. It’s easy to clean and maintain with a free pan scraper.
For long-lasting, clean the cast iron skillet by hand with a stiff brush and warm water. Never use soap or clean it in the dishwasher. Easily restore the cast iron pan with natural oils after multiple washes. There are several actually limitless dishes and more you can make with this cast iron griddle pan such as grilling vegetables, frying eggs, pancakes, baking pizzas, and more. And that’s why this is one of the ultimate griddle pans for pancakes on our top list.
You can use this cast iron grill pan right out of the box as it comes pre-seasoned. This cast iron is seasoned with natural vegetable oil and is FDA approved for optimal safe cooking. We recommend using the cast iron skillet for fatty foods for the first few uses to increase the seasoning. You can put the lid in the oven as the lid is made of tempered glass and it should be oven safe.
- Pre-seasoned cast iron
- Silicon handle grip
- Stovetop compatible – Induction cookers, ovens, Gas stovetop, Electric, and Glass Stovetop.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Long-lasting durability
- Superior Quality Craftsmanship
- Can be used right out of the box
- Can’t be cleaned in the dishwasher.
[Top-5] Most Reviewed Products by The Consumers
[Buying Guide] – To Your Best Cast Iron Griddle Pan
Now you have seen quite an expensive list of what we and others think are the best cast iron grill pans, a new question arises – how do you choose the best model for yourself?
To help you find the answer to your question, we are now going to examine the most important features of whether these cast iron grill pans are the ultimate cast iron grill pans or not.
What Is A Cast Iron Grill Pan?
A cast-iron grill pan is a pan that is made with cast iron and has ridges inside it. The ridges lines are called grill lines and are separated around 2 to 1 cm apart from each other.
The ridges lines are raised from the pan with around half a centimeter height. Basically, the ridges allow the food juices to drip down and separate the juice contact from the food you are cooking.
And that’s it, a cast iron grill pan is quite a simple product that helps you to make your tasty grills and delicious food. No complex mechanics are used in it.
People call grill pan by different names like griddle pan, broiler pan but no matter what you call it, it does the same thing. Well, the Cast iron grill pans are basically non-stick kind which is so convenient for food lovers. However, there are some other kinds of grill pans that are made of different materials as well.
Yup, it’s not too hard to clean a cast iron griddle, right? [Read here]
Or, Let’s watch a video on how to clean a cast-iron grill pan?
[4 Most Popular] Things You Should Look For While Buying Grill Pans? – Buyer’s Guide
There are some factors that you keep in your mind before buying a grill pan for your lovely kitchen. Some may look important to you while others may be totally negligible. Hence, we will talk about 4 categories that we found very important to look for when you are choosing for your ultimate cast iron grill pans.
- Weight – Most of the grill pans contain a little bit heavier side but that’s the nature for the grill pans basically. There are some grill pans that weigh above 10 pounds which is quite a lot. Because of several types of materials used in the ultimate cast iron grill pans, they would weigh a lot for that.
- Heating Up & Cooling Down – It is very important to note how long a grill pan takes to heat up on a stove. Well, there are some pans heated easily on open flame stoves, and some pans heated up on electric ones well.
However, heat retention is important as well to cook several dishes.
- Grill Lines & Ridges – One of the biggest reasons why you would invest your money in a grill pan are the grill lines and ridges it offers. If you find your chosen grill pan is too flat and shallow, then you will not get the full benefits from it.
You may have seen different types of grill lines and ridges on a variety of different grill pans, no need to be confused. Hence, we recommend you to look for sharp ridges and well-spaced grill lines. The height of their individual ridges should also be considered before you purchase the ultimate cast iron griddle pan for your cooking.
- Nonstick – Well, grill pans come in a variety of non-stickiness just like every other pan out there. Some grill pans have better nonstick coatings while others totally lack the ability to keep the food from latching on.
However, all the grill pans we have reviewed on this list are nonstick and basically, you don’t need to give a lot of effort to keep the food from sticking.
[4 Most Popular] Benefits OF Using The Best Grill Pan For Glass Cooktop
This is a tricky question anyone should ask before buying a grill pan. Though grill pans are not very expensive, some grill pans do cost a significant amount of money and you should do deep research before taking it to your home.
There are several reasons why you would want to buy & use a grill pan.
- Indoor Cooking – Everyone doesn’t have a huge lawn or a backyard to enjoy his outdoor gills. This will match with those who are living in flats and apartments. That does not mean, you can’t enjoy your desired grilled food, this only means that you have to invest some money in a great grill pan so that you can get the benefits of cooking indoors.
- Ridges – A grill pan has ridges that allow fat and juices to drop to the bottom of the pan and this is one of the major reasons why you would want to buy a grill pan for your cooking. The ridges not only help you to collect the juices for sauces but also avoid them to be connected with what you are cooking.
Though there is no scientific proof that this makes the food healthier but we would still like to believe that it makes your food healthier just to feel good.
- Grill Marks – Generally, grill marks on food are usually found at outdoor grills or fancy restaurants but you can get those marks indoors too with the help of the best cast iron griddle pan. And you may not believe that the chargrilled marks on steak, do really make the food taste better.
- Save Time – Well, all the ultimate cast iron grill pans we reviewed on our list are big enough and have enough space to cook meals at least for 2 people. And if you are nifty, some of the bigger pans can even cook for a whole party. And a beautiful thing about grill pan is that you can cook several types of foods in one go.
Well, let’s see how actually we can use a grill pan? [here]
What Kind Of Stoves You Can Use For Your Best Nonstick Grill Pans?
There are several types of stove available in the near market and most of them are okay for our ultimate cast iron griddle pan but if you want optimal cooking performance as well as not damaging your particular stove, there are few things you should consider it.
- Glass Top – Nowadays, glass top stoves are becoming very gorgeous and you definitely would not want to harm its beauty by scratching. Basically, the cast iron that is not treated with any additional material is not really friendly to your glass top stove. Glass and ceramic are also popular for scratching the glass, so there is a big “No” for them.
It’s a fact that even aluminum file can scratch your glass top, so you have to be smart enough while picking up you chosen the ultimate grill pans.
- Electric Stove – Well, electric stoves are great at their performance but they lack the raw power of fire. If you are using a heavy cast iron grill pan along with an electric stove means that it will take a lot of time to heat up. Make sure that you are using a steel one or the one that’s not made with solid and heavy cast iron.
- Induction – Induction cooktops are becoming very popular nowadays and thanks to their exceptional heating power. Induction cooktops take quite a short time to heat up grill pans and basically, they are really friendly to the grill pans that are made with cast iron.
Try to select an enamel induction grill pan for your induction cooktops because the enamel pan has a built-in layer of a non-scratchy material underneath.
To stay physically fit and mentally strong, eating healthy is most important but that’s not what we are doing regularly. But using the ultimate cast iron griddle pan, you will easily be able to eat healthy, tasty, and various types of delicious food every day and anytime in the year.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Does it work on an induction cooktop?
The grill pan works well on the glass top electric range. However, the induction cooktop definitely does not work very well. The problem is the flat surface is too raised to work efficiently with induction. Well, it still heats up, but not as works on the non-induction range.
- Will the griddle work on a square double burner of a wolf cooktop?
It totally depends on which model wolf range top you have, but it should work.
First of all, you have to consider: As Wolf burners/grates are a little bigger than other range tops so you may not want to use it on full heat.
- Can this cast-iron grill pan be used in a gas oven to broil?
This thing can do it all, use it anywhere, use it even on the grill.
- How does the cast iron grill pan perform on the electric range?
The nice thing about the electric stove is that it creates an even heating surface. These pans can be used at 400 F.
The ultimate cast iron grill pan reviews are not only about highlighting the positive factors but also about letting you know the negative ones as well. But those negative points won’t be able to defeat the favors that grill pan does to you. So overall, the cast iron grill pan is indeed one of the best things that you, your kitchen, and your food deserve. I hope you have found your desired grill pan in this list of the ultimate cast iron grill pans.
Last update on 2022-06-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Leave a Reply