Today, we are presenting The Best Espresso Machines Under 500.
Nowadays, there are so many espresso machines with some beautiful features. But, do you know – what features you should look for while buying an Espresso Machine for you?
Well, some of the espresso machines are made of plastic materials and the machine barely passes the espresso to your drink.
But you can easily enjoy your drink by spending a reasonable price for the espresso machine.
So, you can do a favor to yourself by increasing the budget for your espresso machine in the $500 range and you will get almost all the convenient features in your espresso machine as the quality espresso as well.
if you have a decent budget for buying espresso machine but don’t know what to do! Well, we have made a complete review of Best Espresso Machines Under 500.
In case, you are in a hurry, we have made a quick comparison table to help you.
10 Best Espresso Machines Under 500
Well, if you are in a hurry, we actually just made a shortlist of the 10 Ultimate Espresso Machines under $500 for you. Let’s check it out.
- The Breville Infuser delivers optimal flavor...
- VOLUMETRIC AND SHOT CONTROL: Control the...
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure...
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Maximize flavor...
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: High power...
The first and quite interesting model on our top list is the Breville BES840XL that comes as a replacement of the previous version BES830XL model.
This new model of Breville ensures the water temperature would be accurately controlled by its heating system which was not good enough with its previous BES830XL model. The Breville Espresso Machine has a 1600-watt Thermo coil heating function that makes sure you get a super-hot espresso.
This espresso machine can brew directly into your travel mugs as it contains an extra-tall cup clearance. And you can easily make both the single and double shots for you. It has a large 61 ounces removable water tank and a hot water faucet as well. This Breville espresso model equip with power-saving modes as this machine will go to sleep mode after one hour and after three hours – it will shut-off automatically. But it will cost you a certain amount of money to repair after the one-year warranty is up.
- Micro-foam milk texturing
- Large water tank capacity
- PID temperature control ensures precise water delivery
- 1600-watts Thermo coil heating system ensures
- Flexible shot control – Single or Double-shot volumetric control
- Precise Espresso-extractor
- Volumetric control
- After its one-year warranty, it is costly to repair.
- 1-year limited Manufacturer’s warranty.
- FRESH ESPRESSO FOR EVERY CUP: The...
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: A manual frother mixes...
- CONSISTENT BREWING EVERY TIME: Each cup is...
- EASY TO CLEAN AND HANDLE: The compact,...
- DELICIOUS CAPPUCCINO AND LATTE: The...
The next model on our top list of the best espresso machines Under 500 is De’Longhi Magnifica ESAM3300. This super-automatic espresso machine can easily make your desired espresso, you just need to place the milk container beneath the nozzle to make a rich, creamy froth, isn’t it amazing? This is the only super-automatic ultimate espresso machine under 500 available in the market.
You can easily use the espresso machine with its programmable menu settings. It has a large bean container with 8.8 ounces capacity. It has 1350 watts input power and the maximum cup height is 4 ¼ inch. It grinds beans instantly with its patented, compact and direct-to-brew system. Anyone can enjoy his favorite espresso with the help of this espresso machine. However, this De’Longhi super espresso model requires half the cleaning time of other brands. Other brands mostly require chemical cleaning tablets monthly. If the espresso machine creates noise, refer to the manual.
- Easy cleaning – Requires half the cleaning time of other brands.
- 1350 watts of input power
- Consistent brewing
- Easy to use.
- Easy to clean.
- Makes a little bit of noise while the grinder is working.
- Somewhat slow milk frother
- FROTHING FOR MILK BEVERAGES: Pannarello wand...
- EASY ACCESS: The dregs drawer, drip tray, and...
- USER-FRIENDLY DISPLAY: Push-button controls...
- RAPID STEAM TECHNOLOGY: Quick heat up times...
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: Hassle free 1 year warranty...
Yet, another affordable model on our top list of the best espresso machine under 500. This Gaggia Brera contains similar features along with more differences but a little bit more affordable than the Classic Pro model. Well, the super espresso machine can pull out the water reservoir and dreg box from the front instead of the back. It means you can use it in tight counter spaces.
The super-automatic espresso machine featured an adapting function to learn your coffee and adjusts with the built-in grinder. You can also bypass the grinder along with your own favorite ground beans. Moreover, there is a neat little intake hole in the Pannarello that helps to create a richer foam for lattes and cappuccinos. The Gaggia Brera, a user-friendly machine, helps you to enjoy the best shot of espresso every time.
- Simple push-button control with LED display.
- Rapid steam technology.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Easy to access
- Easy to operate
- Heats up the water so fast.
- Limited time – l year warranty
- A quite low disperser.
- VOLUMETRIC CONTROL: Not all coffees are the...
- PRECISE ESPRESSO-EXTRACTION: Maximise flavor...
- MICRO-FOAM MILK TEXTURING: High power 1650W...
- FLEXIBLE SHOT CONTROL: Choose between 1 shot,...
- MAINTENANCE INDICATORS: Our machines let you...
BES840CBXL by Breville is a quite interesting model of the espresso machine. The espresso machine has a high-quality design as well as many features that people desire to have in their espresso machine. The Breville BES840CBXL has a 1600-watt Thermo coil heating function that helps the water to heats up accurately for brewing. Nowadays, all the coffees are the same, the infuser espresso machine controls the volume of each pour at the touch of a button. It has an auto-purge function to adjust the temperature of the water [automatically] for extracting your espresso and steaming milk.
The infuser espresso machine has 1650W of high-power element for faster heat up and high-pressure steam to create the micro-foam which also necessary for creating latte art and café quality taste.
The most we loved about this espresso is that it has both automatic features like programmable and temperature settings.
- Digital PID temperature control.
- The Thermo coil heating system.
- Pre-infusion technology.
- Automatic power-saving mode.
- It has a maintenance indicator
- Removal drip tray – partitioned for both dry and wet spills.
- 1-year limited time warranty.
- Costly to repair after finishing its warranty period
- Powerful 19 bar pressure technology
- Elegant LED panel with one touch keys
- Frothing mechanism to froth and foam milk,...
- Boiler/thermo block delivers precise water...
- Built in stainless steel coffee grinder...
Although, 8212S by Espressione isn’t the cheapest espresso maker on our top reviews. This Espressione 8212S will make your favorite espresso easily just with a simple touch of a button. The fully automatic espresso machine is extremely thin and 7 inches width which allows you to place it anywhere you feel comfortable. Moreover, the 8212S has an adjustable steam nozzle for frothing milk that helps you to make the perfect cappuccino or macchiato.
After we have looked into some monstrous espresso machines, 8212S seems tiny with its dimensions of 7 x 15.6 x 12.4 inches.
- LED control panel with One-touch keys user-friendly display.
- It makes extremely quiet-low noise.
- Auto shut off features with 3 brewing modes.
- Tiny size machine – Easy to place anywhere.
- Makes coffee faster with the thermo-block heating function.
- EVERY CUP TO YOUR LIKING: 15-bar professional...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable water tank and drip...
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Whatever your preference –...
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: A manual frother mixes...
- EASY TO USE: The machine does most of the...
Well, Delonghi EC680M DEDICA Espresso Machine is the cheapest and one of the prominent espresso makers in our top list. The Delonghi’s DEDICA Espresso Machine is budget-friendly and has all most all the features that someone looks for in his espresso machine. It doesn’t require so many spaces of your countertop as the machine is just 6 inches wide but it uses 15 bars of pressure.
It’s made of stainless steel instead of plastic which ensures the quality. Though it’s small in size, it carries a milk frother and an adjustable drip tray that helps to accommodate taller cups.
We recommend buying an extended warranty while purchasing the espresso machine because the machine doesn’t last long before the water pump fails or begins to leak.
- 15-Bar Professional pressure.
- Only 6 inches wide.
- Manual milk frothing to mix steam and milk.
- Has a removable water reservoir.
- Small space, Big favor.
- Easy to use and maintain.
- Three-in-one filter holder for multiple shots.
- Longevity issue.
- The Breville Duo Temp Pro lets you create...
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Low pressure...
- WATER TEMPERATURE: The 1600W...
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: A high power...
- AUTO PURGE: The Duo-Temp Pro Espresso Machine...
Though BES810SSUSC by Breville is the only Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine in this top list, it has some great features that everyone wants in his espresso machine. The Espresso Machine uses 15 bars of professional pressure to make an espresso along with a good amount of crema. It also has PID temperature control that lets you know the water temperature and the pre-infusion feature will wet the grounds before extracting. Well, it has 61 ounces of the large water tank so you don’t require to refill it so often. You can easily make a single or double shot of espresso along with an attached steam wand.
We know that a great tasting espresso or cappuccino is all about the perfect balance of sweetness, bitterness, and acidity. Hence, the Duo-Temp gives the café quality taste at home whenever you want.
- Precise PID temperature control.
- 15 Bars of professional pump pressure.
- 61-ounce water tank.
- Maintenance indicator
- Pre-infusion system for even extraction.
- Steam wand for frothing and steaming milk.
- Single or double shot
- Might be a little bit difficult to use
- No pressure gauge
- No hot water faucet
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MACHINE: The...
- BARISTA GRADE: Brew different single serve...
- SMART COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MAKER: Brew a...
- Automatic built-in milk frother helps you...
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a...
The Nespresso Creatista Espresso Maker has more features to provide you a super-automatic experience. To be precise, lungo settings, ristretto, espresso, frothing settings. The Creatista allows you to make more complex coffee drinks including cappuccino, flat white, and latte macchiato. The espresso machine also has a 3-second heat-up time function, 11 temperature adjustments, 8 texture levels, and a user-friendly TFT LCD display.
Well, Nespresso and Breville have made a beautiful collaboration and this could be your favorite choice if you are looking for a capsule machine. As we all know that Nespresso makes its product on capsule-based design and this Creatista espresso machine is not different from that. It’s made for single-serve and also, easy to use for its users.
If you are focused on a capsule-style espresso machine then it could be your desired machine and this is really an amazing collaboration between two industry monsters.
- High-resolution user-friendly display.
- It uses 1500 watts of power.
- It has an integrated milk frother.
- Easy removal water tank.
- Water hardness test strip.
- A 2-year warranty.
- For lungo, the coffee is moderately hot but cools quickly.
- It's all about the foam: The De’Longhi...
- Nespresso capsule system: The ultimate...
- Brings out more flavor: De’Longhi’s...
- The perfect amount of milk: During the...
- Rapid heat-up time: No need to wait for a...
EN750MB by De’Longhi is a quite interesting model of an espresso maker. Its most remarkable feature is the automatic Cappuccino system makes perfectly layered espresso drinks with rich, dense and long-lasting forms in every single cup from the start to end. The machine has recyclable aluminum capsules that create the finest espresso for the authentic taste. It has 19 bars of professional pressure technology. The espresso machine has a very unique design that ensures no milk comes in contact with the machine. The Thermo block heating system promises that you don’t have to wait for a delicious espresso.
- 19-Bars of professional pressure.
- One touch is all with the user-friendly display.
- It can heat up the espresso in seconds.
- The capsule can contain 15 capsules.
- Energy saving program.
- The milk won’t go higher than 160 degrees.
- Difficult to clean the water tank as it’s hidden in a plastic tube.
- Pods are pretty much expensive.
- The Breville Bambino Plus delivers third wave...
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Achieve a consistent...
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure...
- FASTER HEAT UP TIME: Innovative ThermoJet...
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital...
Closing off our reviews on espresso machines under $500 by a unique and rather specific model! This espresso machine is a mini powerhouse and would be a great choice if you are fond of Breville and want a thin profile and more streamlined features comparing with the infuser. The BES500BSS Bambino featured an automatic steam wand for frothing milk, low-pressure pre-infusion function and a 3-second heat up time.
It is one of our top picks if you are looking for a quality, space-saving model that has slimmer profile and performs great.
- Precise espresso extraction technology.
- Digital temperature control.
- Auto purge function
- 3 second heat up time feature.
- Low-pressure pre-infusion system.
- Automatic steam wand creates Barista Quality micro-foam.
- It has a “Deep Tray” for water.
- The portafilter gets stuck sometimes.
[Top 7] Most reviewed as well as the [best seller] espresso machines.
- Take authentic espresso experience home with...
- Brew lattes, cappuccinos and espressos in a...
- Contemporary and Compact Design: The perfect...
- 15 BAR Pump: The optimal pressure to extract...
- Manual Milk Frother: Texture your milk with...
- ☕【15 BAR PROFESSIONAL PUMP】:...
- ☕ 【DOUBLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL】: 2...
- ☕ 【STABLE MILK STEAM WAND】:The manual...
- ☕ 【 STAINLESS STEEL, STYLISH AND...
- ☕ 【COFFEE DRINKS】: Create an...
- EXTRA-LARGE PORTAFILTER: Extra-large...
- FROTHING WAND: Integrated frothing wand...
- WATER PITCHER: Water pitcher features...
- SAINLESS STEEL FROTHING PITCHER: Stainless...
- STEAM BREWING: Powerful steam-brewing process...
- 3-way select knob – On/Off/ Steam
- 4 Cups Easy pour Carafe
- Light Indicators
- 5 bar working pressure for rich coffee...
- Removable Drip Tray for Easy Cleaning
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third...
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Integrated precision...
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure...
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital...
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: The powerful...
- 15-Bar Italian pump delivers the right amount...
- Dial interface for selecting steam, hot...
- 58mm café-sized porta filter holds more...
- Thermoblock heating technology and PID...
- Removable 2.0L water reservoir with hinged...
- EASY TO USE: Single switch knob with...
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Powerful 3.5 bar pressure...
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: Coffee espresso machine...
- COMPACT DESIGN: The stainless steel compact...
- Package Includes: 1 x Steam Espresso Machine,...
Your Best Espresso Machine under $500 – [Buyer’s Guide]
There are some important things to consider while shopping for your ultimate espresso machine regardless of budget. Well, we will discuss in detail about it later on:
What Is “An Espresso Machine?”
Well, an espresso machine is a machine that brews coffee in order to make a thick, concentrated coffee called espresso by forcing pressurized water near boiling point through a “puck” of ground coffee & a filter. There are so many designs have been made to create espresso.
Some common elements are there in an espresso machine such as a portafilter and a group head. A machine may also contain a steam wand that the machine uses for frothing liquids like milk and for steaming too.
The espresso machines may also be automatic or manual. They also may be piston-driven, steam-drive, pump-driven and air-pump-driven as well.
Let’s introduce you with some different types of coffee in this video:
[Top-12] Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Espresso Machines under $500
Well, there are certain things you have to consider while buying an espresso machine. There are such things we have shortlisted here:
1. Size & Dimensions
Well, the size of an espresso machine could be critical if you don’t have enough space on your countertop in the kitchen. Almost half of the espresso machine we have reviewed are slimmer on our top list to help you.
But it also has a negative side like the water tank is generally being smaller because of their size and dimensions. We understand that if you have pretty much space in your kitchen, you would not want to have a unit that requires a lot of space.
Before you make a purchase, be sure that you have checked out the description and specifications to make sure that the machine easily fits on your countertop.
2. Built-in Frothing System
Basically, to turn the espresso into a creamy latte or cappuccino, almost every espresso machine has a built-in milk frother. Well, this feature is necessary if you love to have milk in your coffee drinks.
3. Bar Pressure
To prepare a high-quality espresso, the water requires to be pushed minimum at 9 bars of pressure through the coffee grounds.
The higher the pressure will be, the faster the shot will be ready. And almost all the espresso machines we have reviewed in this top list have 15 bars of professional pressure so that you can make espresso easily and very quickly with a thick crema as well.
4. Heating Technology
You want hot espresso, right? That means you will require an espresso machine that can heat the water fast as well as can keep water hot till the end. The heating elements must be made of high-quality materials and won’t break down easily over time.
5. Ease Of Use
If you are no familiar with tamping the grounds in a portafilter then some of the espresso machines can be difficult to use for you. Well, there are machines that can give you a completely automatic experience, where you just need simply press a button – that’s it. But it so easy to learn it and totally depends on your comfort level and willingness about it.
6. Effortless Cleaning
It would better that the machine you use regularly is also easy to clean, right? Removal parts or front-loading water tank features make the cleaning process easier, effortless and comfortable as well.
Also, wiki-How tells us how to use an espresso machine. [Here]
Actually, there is a huge range of prices for espresso machines and basically, it depends on the durability and materials quality, right? The more you pay, the better the quality you get.
In other words, the higher cost includes the extra features of the machines provide you. You pay more sometimes for ease of use, and some time for better testing espresso which still takes a little bit of time to make. The machines cost more, generally have a combination of these things.
And the good news is that most of our machines especially the first few have both abilities to make the perfect espresso for you.
There is plenty of the best home espresso machine under 500 to choose from different models that we also have reviewed in our top list as well.
8. Drink Preferences
If you prefer cappuccinos, lattes or mochas where the flavor plays an important role, you may be happy and satisfied with the espresso made from any espresso machine on the market and we have already made a top list to make it easier for you.
But if you are making espresso in your home and new to espresso machines, then you can skip worrying about the particulars.
However, if you are strict on the quality of your espresso flavor, you must consider these things before making any purchase.
Like, the boilers quantity the machine actually has (the more it is, the better result you get), does it use steam pressure or not, and how much high temperature the machine uses and how long the steady it keeps on that temperature.
Well, all these things make a difference in the taste – the more you can spend a reasonable price, the better experience you will get, (that’s true).
9. Customer service
Of course, you should consider it before buying an espresso machine. You won’t want to look yourself struggling with something unusable within a few years, right?
Check for the reviews that customers are saying and their experiences using different brands while they needed help. (You may find something like they have had the espresso machine for many years and didn’t need any help yet.)
10. Extra Features
These are some of the beautiful features you should think about before making any purchase, right?
Many of the espresso machines we reviewed on our top list includes extra features like a pre-infusion system that allows the coffee to bloom, multiple accessories as well as a dedicated hot water faucet and more like:
Well, you may prefer an espresso machine that can do all for you if you are comfortable spending on the higher end of the under-$500 budget, a reasonable price for sure.
You would love to have a machine made of quality parts because of the pressure requirements of espresso.
Well, in other words, it should be made of stainless steel. And if the machine has used plastic components, they must be the superficial parts such as the water tank or the outside of the machine. However, necessary components must be made of metals such as the heating coil and the pressure pump as well.
12. Cup Size Differences
Well, most of the espresso machines in our top list have the ability to accommodate different cup sizes.
Basically, if you are fond of cappuccinos or lattes, then you will need big size cups for the milk. But if you want to enjoy a single or double shot of espresso without milk then you don’t need to worry about it – just ignore it!
Difference between “Automatic & Semi-automatic Espresso Machine?”
Well, a semi-automatic espresso machine will give you control over pulling a shot of espresso the way you want. Because, you will be able to control the number of grounds, tamp control by yourself, and also, even adjust the brew strength depending on your machine, aren’t they amazing?
On the other hand, while you are using an automatic espresso machine, you just need to add the coffee and water – or, you can also just put even whole coffee beans to grind into a hopper, that’s it – the automatic espresso machine will do all the rest of the works for you.
We hope, now you know all the subtle things about espresso machine, what to look for, which things to be considered before making any purchase and more.
Moreover, Breville BES840XL/A (The Infuser) Espresso Machine is our top pick in this list as it has many unique and extra features as well. The most we liked about Breville BES840XL is the pre-infusion function. It is a powerful machine as it has 1600-watts Thermo coil heating system, PID temperature control, Flexible shot control – single or double volumetric control and more things. There are also small features like built-in milk frother, dedicated hot water faucet and accessories as well.
And our best budget pick is the Delonghi EC680M DEDICA 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker because of its 15 bars of professional pressure and small footprint. Although the espresso maker is small in size, it comes with an adjustable drip tray and has a built-in milk frother. However, you can also use coffee grounds or espresso pods with this machine.
We hope that the reviews of the ultimate espresso machines under 500 and the buying guide have helped you to choose your desired option for an espresso machine.
Last update on 2022-06-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API