To warm on a cold winter day – Café Caribbean is an amazing hot coffee cocktail, right? It comes with rum and amaretto altogether and gives your coffee a taste of the Caribbean. It’s so easy to make and contains a sweet and delicious nutty flavor.
Well, Café Caribbean is an extremely simple coffee cocktail. It would be a quicker option while you feel like spiking your coffee as there are two spirits in common at home and professional bars.
However, shaved almonds and whipped cream could add an extra sweet topping to the delicious mix.
Café Caribbean Ingredients
- • 6 oz coffee
- ½ oz amaretto
- 1 oz rum
- Garnish with shaved almonds and whipped cream
Café Caribbean Preparation:
- Get all the ingredients together.
- Take a general coffee mug or an Irish coffee glass and pour the rum and amaretto into the glass.
- Use some hot coffee to fill the glass.
- Use the whipped cream to the top and shaved amaretto to garnish it.
- Now your glass is ready to serve and enjoy.
Well, Café Caribbean comes with rum and amaretto altogether – containing a wonderful sweet flavor with a delicious nutty taste. But there are some other alternative recipes that you would love to try.
• Cuba Libre (Cuba) Caribbean Cocktail – This would be a great alternative of Café Caribbean to a traditional rum and coke. This is refreshing and easy to make a Caribbean cocktail.
• Plante’s punch Caribbean Cocktail – This drink is another wonderful staple of the Caribbean cocktail scene. The Plante’s punch got its name from the sugar can plantation of old.
• Hurricane – Though the hurricane originated in New Orleans, but people can easily find the taste of the Caribbean influenced by the ingredients. However, this wonderful ruby red drink contains lime juice, passion fruit juice, pineapple juice as well as both light and dark rum, right?
Know Your Ingredients!
Ingredients that make your beverage heavenly taste are listed below and described how actually they work in your drink.
• Coffee – Basically, it’s a brewed drink made from roasted coffee beans. There are certain coffee species that the berries seeds come from. And depending on the desired flavor – dried coffee seeds are roasted to varying degrees.
• Amaretto – This sweet liqueur is originated in Italy. Basically, it’s an almond-flavored liqueur used to make a cocktail mixer or as an ingredient in baked goods.
• Rum – Well, rum is a liquor made of sugarcane juice or molasses. Moreover, several sugar-producing countries like India and the Philippines produce rum – but the Caribbean and American countries are producing most it.
• Whipped Cream – Whipped cream is whipped by a mixer or whipped until it’s light and fluffy. It’s also called Chantilly cream made with just 3 simple ingredients and prepared in a few minutes. Whipped cream is light, tasty and so creamy.
• Almonds – Almonds are the edible seeds of Prunus dulcis, generally called the almond tree. Basically, it’s a species of tree native to Iran and neighboring countries as well. Today, the US is the largest producer of almonds.
Now to enjoy this wonderful drink – all you need are the great quality bar accessories to make it.
• Irish coffee glass – To get the best feelings and enjoy the drink, you should use the Irish coffee glass to serve it.
• Mixer – You need to use a mixer to make the whipped cream for your drink at home. But if you already have the prepared whipped cream then, you are ready to go next and enjoy your drink.
In 1993, this amazing coffee cocktail was started from a small outlet in Covent Garden, London. Technically it’s a great story of a child and her mother. All the recipes they make are influenced by the Content District, St Catherine which was also the homeland of its founder. Her own mother taught her about the special ingredients of the recipe as well as how to use them while cooking.
Their goal was to represent their historical family name by making wonderful traditional Jamaican food. On the premises, all the foods they used to prepare and cook every day. The recipes are cooked followed by their mum and her mum before she would have it cooked at home.
The Perfect Pair
Though it’s an extremely simple and tasty coffee cocktail if you want a high-octane version then, you just simply add the spirits to an espresso shot. A double shot of espresso would be best if you keep the liquor at 1 ½ oz in total. Though it also works great with cappuccino as well. However, if you want to add something else and skip the amaretto and then you can easily add two sugar cubes which would make the drink one of the popular German coffee drinks called “Pharisäer Kaffee” by the way.