A bread machine is such a small kitchen machine yet one of the most helpful machines in any kitchen. This has made the making of bread so much simpler. However, many people cannot make the best use of this machine and face different problems. Some of the common problems are, the loaf is short, it does not rise, the bread has a coarse texture, un-browned top, and the crust is too dark and so many. All of these problems can be easily solved if you just follow some simple tips. Therefore, we have come up with the best bread machine tips that can assist you a lot when you are making bread next time.
20 Best Bread Machine Tips
Let’s have a quick list of 20 best bread machine tips that you should begin keep up from today. Shall we?
Here you’re provided with a short list of bread machine tips to go!
1.The order of your ingredient matter a lot. Most of the times what we do we just collect all the ingredients that we need and then put it as our wish. You may think to add the liquid at the first or at the last both are same, but it’s actually not. So please maintain the order of the ingredients. Put the liquid, yeast first and other at the last!
2. Attach the wand before you pour the ingredients into it. Somehow, if you forget to check out whether the mixing wand is doing appropriately or not, can mess the whole thing. So check this before starting.
3. Make sure that you are pulling out the basket out when you are pouring the ingredients in. This is a must thing, that you have to follow. Once you have poured all the ingredients then put your basket in the machine.
4. If you want to give a twist to your bread and want to add some extra ingredients like nuts, cheese, oats or any spice, you have to be a little careful. Add these extra ingredients you have to wait until the ball is just foaming. Don’t add these before that. After the foaming is done add or sprinkles the extra ingredients.
If you are willing making carrot bread, ensure the dough ball is formed and then include the shredded carrots in it. Always glow slowly when you are mixing the ingredients. Remember, mixing these extra ingredients at first can ruin your bread.
5. We know that it is a bread machine and it is supposed to make a good bread. However, that does not mean you don’t have anything to do. You have to check your creation time to time. We all have one fixed bread recipe that we follow for our everyday bread. Maybe the recipe is all okay and same but still, it doesn’t go well occasionally. So, make sure you check all the ingredients and the mixture properly.
6. You should not keep the loaf for a long time. Sometimes we think that as it is ready it is cool to keep it for a long time. This is the reason you will see that the bottom of the loaf is not good. Try to get the loaf as soon as it cools.
7. If you see that the loaf is dense and short then you have to look into the consistency. After 5 minutes of kneading, check the consistency of the dough. Even, you see that it is still too dry then include 1 tablespoon of liquid at a time. The reason for drying dough can also be what kind of flour you are using. Try to use the high protein bread flour.
8. If your bread has a coarse texture you need to increase the amount of salt in it. At the same time, you have to decrease the liquid in it.
9. One of the most common problems is that the bread is not fluffy enough which means it does not rise or it is not soft. At first, check the recipe again. Most of the times there is an error in the recipe. Moreover, you have to use flours that are low in gluten content and all your ingredients need to be at room temperature.
10. It is really sad when the top of the bread is not brown enough or it is uneven. In this case, you have to increase the amount of sugar. If possible then go for small size recipe.
11. The opposite can also happen when the top is too dark. In this case, you have to do a very simple thing. Just go for a lighter color setting of your machine. If your bread machine does not have this option, then take out the loaf before the actual time. If still not working then you may have used too much sugar so reduce the amount.
12. If the crust is too thick then immediately remove the bread after it completes the bake cycle.
13. Cleaning is a very important task that you must do. You have to clean the machine very nicely, but remember don’t make scratches in the basket. If the wand is removable then it will become easier to clean. After cleaning air dry the machine.
14. Yeast is the game changer ingredient of your bread. Therefore, please make sure that you are using fresh yeast. Check the activity of the yeast before you use it. Not using fresh yeast will not only ruin your bread but it can be also dangerous to your health.
15. Try to find out your perfect recipe. It is not possible to get the perfect one at first try. So try to remember every time what you are doing and by this, you will find the perfect bread recipe.
16. If the bread has large mushroom top then you need to decrease the amount of water and yeast.
17. Does your bread have a rancid taste? You need to check all the ingredients again.
18. Another important yeast tip is, never place the yeast with sugar or salt. It can hamper the activity of the yeast.
19. Always use a plastic spatula to remove the loaf from the pan.
20. If you are going to buy a new bread machine but still nervous about it, then try to borrow one first. Not all the machines are the same, try to find out the one which goes with you.
So, now you know what to do & what to avoid while baking the bread. After using these bread machine tips and testing your delicious bread you will be a fan of your bread machine. You will have grief that why didn’t you do it sooner before.